Kindly take a couple of minutes to go thru this mail. If useful may
advise others also. Please pass this on to others this happened in
Colombo recently and may happen elsewhere also. Few weeks ago, in
Majestic City (MC) film hall, a person felt something poking from her
seat. When she got up to see what it was, she found a needle sticking
out of the seat with a note attached saying "You have just been
infected by HIV".. The Disease Control Center (in Colombo ) reports
many similar events in many other cities recently. All tested needles
were HIV Positive...
The Center also reports that needles have been found in cash
dispensers at public banking machines. We ask everyone to use extreme
caution when faced with this kind of situation.
All public chairs/seats should be inspected with vigilance and caution
A careful visual inspection should be enough. In addition, they ask
that each of you pass this message along to all members of your family
and your friends of the potential danger. Recently, one doctor has
narrated a somewhat similar instance that happened to one of his
patients at the Contrast Cinema in Dalugama.
A young girl engaged and about to be married in a couple of months,
was pricked while the movie was going on. The tag with the needle had
the message "Welcome to the World of HIV family". Though the doctors
told her family that it takes about 6 months before the virus grows
strong enough to start damaging the system and a healthy victim could
survive about 5-6 years, the girl died in 4 months, perhaps more
because of the "Shock thought". We all have to be careful at public
places, rest God help! Just think about saving a life by forwarding
this message. Please, take a
seconds of your time to pass along...
I.A.S, Director of Medical & Research Institute